I'm an Australian who learned Spanish in Mexico and has put it to use in Andorra, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Morocco, Nicaragua, Panama, and Spain. (Yeah I know Spanish isn't official in two or three of those countries but I ended up using it anyway at least some of the time.)
Sometimes people try to tell me I'm fluent but I'm definitely not.
I have a collection of monolingual and bilingual Spanish dictionaries that I've bought, many second hand, on my travels. I always look for a dictionary of regionalisms in each Spanish speaking country. I don't always find one.
Member for 7 years, 4 months
21 profile views
Last seen Aug 18 '16 at 13:22
Top Network Posts
- 327 OK we're all adults here, so really, how on earth should I use a squat toilet?
- 245 Build and strengthen the Stack Exchange community with "crossover questions" between sites
- 108 Are Indians as pushy to one another as they appear to be to Westerners?
- 94 When should I use jQuery deferred's "then" method and when should I use the "pipe" method?
- 78 What can I do to prevent passport stamps being put on blank pages?
- 75 How important are accents in written Spanish?
- 70 Where is the quietest place on Earth?
- View more network posts →